Saturday, October 26, 2013

[Random] Tips n Tricks - Photoshop CS6 Portable Extended (Trimming Screencaps)

I just figured out that there's a feature I haven't used much...

Menu Bar -> File -> Automate -> Batch

For those who haven't know, that feature allowed us to do repeatable actions simultaneously.
In my case, I used that to trim every Solmare's games screencaps.

What is trimming?

Trimming is a way to remove a large area of the same and homogeneous color, usually on the edges of a picture.

A sample of un-trimmed picture, you can see that there's a black area on the bottom edge of the pic that I want to trim. 

And this is after I trimmed the picture. The black area is gone, and the picture seems better.

The problem is, if I kept trimming manually, my fingers eventually will become numb. I should get a solution as fast as possible before they're getting numb.

And when I was googling for a solution, I found an article about Automate Batch feature...

How to use the feature?

  • You should enable the Actions tab on Photoshop.
    Here's how: Menu Bar -> Window -> Actions (Alt +F9)
  • You will see something like this

See the Icons on the bottom:
- square : stop playing / recording
- circle : begin recording
- play : play selection
- folder : create new set
- new : create new action
- trash bin : delete


  • Choose New -> Record (the circle icon) -> and trim your picture as usual.
  • Choose Stop (the square icon).
  • Launch the Automate Batch Features: Menu Bar -> File -> Automate -> Batch
  • And set your own preferences.... Done.

Nothing will numb your fingers again *chuckles*

2 comments: